The announcement was made at a ceremony to mark the successful transfer of the vessel Bremer Fortuna to the ClassNK Register held at Hamburg’s Hafen-Klub.The transfer of the vessel, a multi-purpose cargo ship (MPP) owned by Kollmar-based Rörd Braren Breederungs GmbH marks the first time that ClassNK will provide classification services for a German-flagged vessel.During the ceremony, Capt Rörd Braren, managing partner of Rörd Braren Breederungs was joined by ClassNK chairman & president Noboru Ueda in celebrating the new partnership.Speaking on the occasion, Ueda said: “The registration of the vessel marks an important step forward for ClassNK and its growth in Germany, which has seen more than 170 German-owned newbuildings and existing vessels apply for registration with the classification society since it opened its Survey Operations Headquarters in Hamburg at the end of 2011.In addition to the registration of its first German flagged vessel, ClassNK also announced that it had earned expanded authorisation from the German government to carry out surveys and audits for German flagged vessels. ClassNK initially earned authorisation to classify German flagged vessels and issue statutory certificates on behalf of the German government in February 2013. This authorisation has now been further expanded to included audits and certification for the ISPS Code, a key part of the SOLAS convention related to ship security. www.classnk.comwww.reedereibraren.de
ON SEPTEMBER 7 Electro-Motive Diesel Inc announced that it had signed a contract to supply 300 locomotives to China’s Ministry of Railways.The 6000hp locos are to be assembled by Dalian Locomotive Works under a technology licensing agreement. Powered by the latest version of EMD’s 265H series engine meeting EPA Tier 2 emissions regulations, the locos will have AC traction drives.Detailed design is already underway, including production plans for the locally-manufactured components. The first locos are expected to start testing in China during the second half of 2007, with production of the series build to follow over two years.EMD Chairman Jerry Greenwald commented that ’the Chinese locomotive market has terrific opportunities for future growth and joint development, and we are delighted to be able to participate in it.’Two days later, the Ministry of Railways signed a co-operation agreement with Bombardier confirming the earlier framework accord to buy more 200 km/h EMUs for use around Guangzhou (RG 8.05 p486). In addition Bombardier and MoR are to collaborate on the development of a new EMU for speeds greater than 200 km/h which will feature sleeping cars and full restaurant facilities.
LEBANON: Tenders for a study into the feasibility of rebuilding the disused railway from Beirut north along the coast to Tripoli are to be invited by the European Investment Bank during September.The standard gauge line linking Haifa, Beirut and Tripoli was built by Allied forces during World War II. Along with the rest of the Lebanese rail network it is currently derelict, with the last trains having run around 1997. EIB plans to commission a comprehensive study of the technical, economic, financial, environmental, social and institutional aspects of rehabilitating and reopening the approximately 80 km Beirut – Tripoli section, and it will seek assistance with the development of tender documentation for procurement of the construction works. The study is expected to cost around €2m, funded by the Facility for Euro-Mediterranean Investment & Partnership programme.
Share Share The Commonwealth of Dominica Police Force is currently investigating two separate incidents which occurred last week Friday. In a report to the media on Wednesday 20 July 2016 Police Public Relations Officer, Pelham Jno. Baptiste said an investigation into an alleged robbery on Friday 15 July 2016 at about 9:30 p.m. is ongoing. “It is alleged that some unknown individual dressed in black made threats to short Simone Jones female adult of Fond Cole Housing Scheme and stole from her an unspecified amount of Eastern Caribbean currency.”At the time of the alleged robbery Jones was at the National Cooperative Credit Union (NCCU) ATM machine on the corner of Cork Street and Independence Street in Roseau. Moreover, an investigation in an allegation of malicious damage to a motor vehicle is also ongoing. “It is alleged that some unknown individuals maliciously damaged the front window screen and the bonnet of a white Toyota Noah registration number HE765 owned by Misha Ophar, male adult of Vieille Case,” he said. The incident occurred between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. on Friday July 15, 2016 while the vehicle was parked on Hanover Street in Roseau in the vicinity of Issa Trading. Anyone with information that can assist the police in these investigations is asked to can contact the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) 266-5164, 266-5165, and 266-5119 or Crime Stoppers Dominica at 1-800-8477. Meanwhile, three thousand five hundred and thirty-eight (3538) fully grown plants alleged to be cannabis were destroyed by a team comprising of members of the Drug Squib, Task Force and Special Service Unit (SSU) during a drug eradication exercise in the heights of Grand Coulibrie on Thursday July 14, 2016.No arrests were made, Jno. Baptist said. Sharing is caring! 605 Views no discussions LocalNews Police investigates alleged robbery and malicious damage by: Dominica Vibes News – July 21, 2016 Share Tweet
The InventionShare has announced a new invention called 5by5 Wireless that will provide high speed internet to holiday travelers in rural, remote and island settings through the application of its 5by5 Wireless 25 mile (32 km) radius hot spots.Greg Waite, CEO of InventionShare said the company is now in discussions with a number of island jurisdictions about providing internet to a variety of travel destinations in the Caribbean, Central America, New Zealand and the Middle East.5by5 Wireless provides a hot spot with approximately five times greater wireless internet coverage for economical internet and wireless connectivity over broad areas. Developed by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with many years’ experience in wireless communications, the full duplex wireless communications system is a 100% hardware solution. A single 360-degree antenna affords greater data throughput, providing wireless coverage up to 25 miles (32 km) for a total circular coverage area of 1,250 square miles or 3,200 square km from one low cost base station.These hot spots use the UHF 300-1000 MHz frequency spectrum. For example, 48 MHz of downstream bandwidth will provide data operating speed of 216 Mbps for downloading, and 24 MHz of upstream bandwidth will provide 32 Mbps – providing the opportunity for thousands of internet users. The 5by5 Wireless circuit also can provide full duplex over all spectrum to all wireless communications devices, and is platform agnostic. While the service can deploy across all platforms, it currently uses DOCSIS 3.0, and is LTE compliant.5by5 Wireless is able to provide an internet solution including base station and antenna installations for less than $200,000 U.S. per base station installation and CPI or BPI for less than $180 U.S., providing that a backbone is available.Mr. Waite said that these new large area hot spots are ideal for islands with a lot of transit tourists, visiting boaters or island residents wanting affordable internet in remote areas. He stated that InventionShare is open for licensing and distribution discussions with regional and national telephone companies, ISPs, cable and tower companies who now can get into the wireless business with a low cost, elegant wireless internet solution.
Related TopicsCleveland BrownsJosh Gordon Matt Medley Josh Gordon’s latest failed drug test is another example of the frustration and agony Browns fans have been suffering for decades.For Browns fans, if we don’t laugh, we’ll cry… Some Browns fans decided to make a parody of Afroman’s “Because I Got High” and changed the theme to match Gordon’s fiasco in 2014. The song is two years old and still applies. What a sad state of affairs. Matt Medley is co-editor at NEO Sports Insiders, covers the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Indians and high school sports in Northeast Ohio.Follow @MedleyHoops on Twitter for live updates from games.
The lieutenant disputed that these were his instructions to staff. Several officers confirmed that the inmates were walked naked from the recreation sally port attached to a cuff retainer or rope and other restraint devices. They confirmed that the inmates were then placed naked into different, empty cells where they remained, naked, for up to 12 hours. The allegation stated: “Spring Creek Correctional Center staff stripped several inmates of their clothing, attached them to a “dog leash” and walked them through House 1 naked in front of female staff. Staff subsequently placed the inmates in cells without covering or clothing for several hours” The investigative report found that the inmates were kept naked in their cells for 12 hours following the disturbance on August, 2013. The report, long-delayed while sorting out contradictory statements concluded that inmates should have been given medical smocks while strip-searched. The Ombudsman determined that the incident violated Department of Corrections Policies, State Law, and the U.S. Constitution. The testimony of two sergeants and two correctional officers indicated that staff had been instructed by their lieutenant to remove the inmates from their cells, strip search them, escort them to their new cells, and to leave them in their cells naked with “absolutely nothing” until the following day. The lieutenant asserted during his deposition that the House 1 inmates had misused their clothing on August 16 by tying the clothing around their hands and banging on the cell doors. However, he also acknowledged he was not at the institution at the time of the events in question, so he did not witness any inmates using their clothing in the manner he described. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享An inmate at Spring Creek Correction Center, in Seward, filed a complaint with the Office of the Ombudsman alleging that on August 16, 2013, correctional officers took him and 11 other inmates out of their cells, shackled them in handcuffs, and ordered them to strip. In a statement from the DOC, On Thursday, September 28, said it has already implemented some of the recommendations listed in the report. Story as aired:
Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook 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 Steve O’Meara will fight for the Commonwealth light-middleweight title at the ExCel London on 15 December.He will face unbeaten Liverpudlian Liam Smith for the currently vacant championship on the same bill as George Groves’ Commonwealth super-middleweight title defence against former world champion Glen Johnson.O’Meara, who was born in Shepherd’s Bush and lives in West Drayton, has won his last three fights by knockout and has long been targeting a shot at a major title.AdChoices广告His opportunity comes after a proposed clash with Obadai Sai, who was and remains the mandatory challenger for the belt, was scrapped because the Ghanian has an injury.“I’m really happy to be fighting for the Commonwealth title and that it’s an all British showdown between me and Smith,” he declared.“I had agreed to fight Sai, but unfortunately he was injured, but if I come through I’ll defend against him in the new year.“Beating Smith, who was a top amateur and is now an unbeaten pro, will be a massive breakthrough for me.“I’m not taking him lightly. It will be a great fight and I’ll do what I have to do to win, but with the way I’m punching at the moment and if I land clean, Smith will be out of there.”Hammersmith’s Groves will be looking to continue his march towards a world title challenge, while Scottish lightweight Ricky Burns defends his world title on the bill.But Smith believes his showdown with O’Meara will be the best of the lot.Smith said: “This will be the fight of the night, no doubt about it, on what is already a cracking line-up of fights.“O’Meara’s a good fighter, but I’m leagues above him and it will show on the night when I win the Commonwealth belt.“I’ve been looking forward to getting my first opportunity to fight for a pro title and I’m not going to let it pass me by.” See also:O’Meara stuns Toms in west London clashTrainer eyes title shot for O’MearaO’Meara tipped for title glory in 2012O’Meara flattens Weise in first roundVictory moves O’Meara closer to title shotSteve O’Meara v Tony Randell in picturesWatch the Groves v Johnson pre-fight press conferenceJohnson speaks ahead of his fight with George GrovesGroves discusses Johnson and a potential clash with FrochDuo weigh in ahead of title showdownsGroves believes he can stop JohnsonO’Meara ready to seize title chanceDeGale backs O’Meara to win title
See also:QPR want Stoke’s Cameron on loanAnother QPR youngster set to join Ainsworth at WycombeQPR striker Washington set to join Sheffield United QPR youngster Charlie Fox has completed his loan move to Wycombe, joining them until January.West London Sport revealed earlier on Thursday that Fox, 19, was set to join the Chairboys. The defender is yet to make his senior debut but was among the substitutes for this week’s Carabao Cup game against Bristol Rovers.AdChoices广告He has been given the chance to play first-team football at Wycombe, who are managed by former QPR favourite Gareth Ainsworth and took Ebere Eze on loan from Rangers last season.Meanwhile, talks to bring Geoff Cameron to Loftus Road on loan from Stoke are ongoing.West London Sport revealed this week that Cameron is Rangers’ top target ahead of Friday’s deadline.A number of possible alternatives, including Aston Villa defender centre-back Tommy Elphick, have been lined up should Cameron be out of Rangers’ reach. Hull City have since made an offer to take Elphick on loan. Rangers are trying to offload Idrissa Sylla and have made Paul Smyth and Conor Washington available for loan moves. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Featuring for France on Sunday against Bolivia, Lucas Digne was called up to national team off the back of a very good season for Everton, establishing himself as a key member of Marco Silva’s squad. Scoring four goals and assisting four times in 35 league appearances, the 25-year-old confirmed why the Toffees paid over £18m for him to save him from his Barcelona nightmare.However, these performances clearly haven’t gone unnoticed, as Soccer Link in France explain Lyon are taking an interest in his services.The Ligue 1 side are expected to lose Ferland Mendy after just two seasons to Real Madrid, meaning they will need a new starting left-back for next season where they will play in the Champions League group stages after finishing third.Embed from Getty ImagesThis could be an interesting opportunity for the Frenchman, who won’t be partaking in any European football next season at Everton.However, nothing has happened so far, with Lyon just mulling over the possibility of making a move.Soccer Link don’t provide any more information, and we highly doubt Everton would make it easy for any club to get Lucas Digne.They will have to pay up.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is AddictiveForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoDating.comWhere do attractive singles find each other in Tung Chung?Dating.comUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoMisterStocksThese Hilarious Photos Were Captured On The SubwayMisterStocksUndoPerfect-Dating.comThousands of successful men are looking for women in Tung ChungPerfect-Dating.comUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoSmart Tech TrendOver 55? You Have to Try Those Revolutionary Glasses!Smart Tech TrendUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndo