LIAT to Resume Operations in November? – CARICOM… UNCTAD 15 Set For Next April in Barbados LIAT Administrator Gives Aug. 15 Deadline to Submit Claims,… Earlier this month and amid much speculation, Prime Minister Mia Mottley announced in Parliament that Barbados would be giving up its majority ownership of LIAT to Antigua and Barbuda. She however did not disclose if Government would be selling its entire 49.4 per cent stake in the cash-strapped regional airline. Antigua and Barbuda is the second largest shareholder with 34 per cent ownership of the airline which serves 15 Caribbean destinations with almost 500 flights. Read more at: Barbados Today Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… Oct 12, 2020 Sep 28, 2020 You may be interested in… Aug 7, 2020 (Barbados Today) Within the next two weeks Barbados is hoping to start negotiations with Antigua and Barbuda regarding the sale of its LIAT shares. So says Barbados’ lead negotiator Attorney General Dale Marshall, who has revealed that Government is currently awaiting word from the regional airline carrier on when those negotiations can be held. Aug 6, 2020 PM Mottley Renews Calls for Restructuring of Global… Share this on WhatsApp
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Source: Siemens“To help fight Covid-19, we have opened our AM Network for hospitals and other health institutions needing spare medical parts to efficiently manage their design and printing requests.”Siemens’ designers and engineers are a part of the AM Network so they can answer design requests and help convert designs into printable files.Afterwards, these components can be printed via medically certified 3D printers of partner companies that are also part of the AM Network.In addition to numerous 3D printers from partner companies, Siemens’ 3D printing machines are also connected to the network and if suitable, will also be used to locally print components and spare parts for medical devices.Printing capacities from additional service providers can easily be added to the AM Network. The AM Network connects users, designers and 3D-print service providers to enable faster and less complicated production of spare parts for machines like ventilators.The Siemens AM network is available globally and covers the entire value chain – from upload and simulation to checking the design up to the printing process and associated services.Starting today doctors, hospitals and organizations in need of medical devices as well as designers and service providers with medically certified printing capacities can register for free access to the Siemens AM Network.“Having worked on Additive Manufacturing for years, we offer AM solutions along the entire value chain and can print 3D parts quickly according to acute demands,” said Klaus Helmrich, Member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG and CEO Siemens Digital Industries.
Harwich Haven Authority (HHA) has applied to the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) for permission to use a new maintenance dredging disposal site located 20km off-shore.The Authority has submitted the required reports and studies to the MMO which is consulting other regulators and stakeholders before making its decision.Harwich Haven Authority hosted two meetings to present the results of the studies and give details of how responses can be made to the MMO.The MMO is seeking responses by 5th March 2014.[mappress]Press Release, February 11, 2014
China Shipping Tanker (CST), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the China Shipping Development (CSD) Company, has signed an Equity Transfer Agreement with Sinochem International Corporation for the purchase of 20% interest in Shanghai Beihai Shipping (SBS).The total value of the deal is $132.9m.“The acquisition represents a strategic expansion of the group to further entrench its position in the coastal and domestic crude oil shipping market in the PRC, and having reviewed the track record of the target company, the directors believe that the investment will provide a steady return to the group,” CST said, adding that the move is expected to boost its position in the maritime petroleum product transportation market, and furtherenhance the strategic relationship with CNOOC.SBS is a sino-foreign joint venture enterprise established in the PRC, engaged in the businesses of transportation of petroleum product from Shanghai to other ports along the coast and the middle-lower Yangtze River, international maritime dangerous goods transportation, vessel chartering, and provision of transportation consultancy services.The company currently has 8 owned, and 4 chartered tankers in its fleet.[mappress]June 23, 2014
Nevsky Shipyard and the Direction of State Contractor of Marine Transport Development Program have signed a contract for the construction of 4 multipurpose small-draft salvage vessels of MPSV12 project.Nevsky Shipyard got the right to conclude the given contract having won the open competitive tender earlier this month.The vessel represents multipurpose small-draft salvage ship with two propellers, with reinforced ice class, with a raked stem and cruiser aft end, with long two tier forecastle superstructure, with forward living superstructure and engine room in amidship, with diesel propulsion plant, with two bow thrusters and one stern thruster, with «Arc5» ice category.The MPSV is also intended for subsea use, including:– rescue, ship-repair and diving works at depth not more than 60 meters, also diving works with underwater welding and cutting;– search and inspection of underwater potential accident objects;– ROV of working class with depth up to 3000 m service.Press Release
Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters Subscribe now for unlimited access To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Get your free guest access SIGN UP TODAY Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community
Steil has expanded its fleet with the addition of several vehicles, including a 7-axle MCO-PX semi low-loader and two 5-axle Telestep ballast trailers. Steil, which has branches in Germany, France and Luxembourg, is part of the Steilgroep which offers specialised crane services, special transport, recovery and towing, access platform and forklift truck hire. Over the last few years, Steil has added some 15 Nooteboom ballast trailers, multi-trailers and OSDS semi low-loaders to its fleet. The ballast trailer has a capacity of around 61 tonnes and a low load floor height to allow the loading of high and heavy material and containers together with ballast. It has been designed especially for the transport of crane parts and is equipped with turntable steering for manoeuvrability.
The project comprises two separate construction stages – the first phase will see the building of a 24,000 sq m facility, while the second stage will see an additional 12,000 sq m of storage space added.On completion of the project – which is scheduled for October 2016 – SDV will operate a total surface area of 75,000 sq m for its transport and logistics activities at the Port of Le Havre. www.haropaports.comwww.sdv.com
This is one of a few grave stones which is still visible at the old Athlone cemetery site. Priests and parishioners from the Anglican Diocese of Cape Town, as well as professionals who would be working at the site, gathered at an old Athlone cemetery on Wednesday April 12 to bless the land before work started to exhume the remains of 2 500 people who were buried there.The cemetery, adjacent to Klipfontein Road and the Black River Parkway, was first used as a church burial ground in 1867. The last recorded burial took place in 1946. Anglicans were usually buried there, although the cemetery was used for burials of a large number of people who were not members of the church, during the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.The three churches who used the burial site, are St George’s in Silvertown, the now defunct St James in Black River, and St Mark’s in Athlone. St Paul’s in Rondebosch once had oversight of these three parishes, and all the records about those buried there, could be found at St Paul’s.Reverend Michael Bester did the research “on and off” for about one year, and started when he was based at St George’s Anglican Church in Silvertown.“It was quite an undertaking, however the church is good at keeping records. There was a register missing, and I also looked at old parish magazines, as sometimes they would publish background information on prominent members of the parish. There are a few gaps, but it is quite remarkable how the records are being kept,” Mr Bester said.Archaeologist, Mary Patrick, who heads up the team of 28 – 16 of whom are post-graduate physical anthropologists from UCT – said more than half of the estimated 2 500 people buried there, were children and babies.“It was particularly difficult during 1918, when many people lost their lives because of the Spanish flu. Up to 20 funerals a day were being held. “During this time, the church struggled to find carpenters to build coffins, hence many were buried without coffins,” she said.The land has been sectioned into quadrants, with the exhumation focusing on one quadrant at a time, before moving on to the next one. After the completion of each quadrant, a special ceremony will be held to pray not only for the remains found, but also for the team doing the work over the next few months. According to Ms Patrick, the spiritual nourishment is important, as this kind of work can be emotionally draining.She also explained that the anthropologists will have the mammoth task of identifying each person’s remains, their age when they died, their gender, and will also look at what diseases were present. All this information will be collated for a full demographic and will be signed as a public record, with the assistance of the South African Heritage Resources Agency (SAHRA).It is difficult for the untrained eye to know where each grave is situated, as its current state looks like it is just a piece of vacant land. When asked how they will know where to find the remains, Ms Patrick said: “We have a fair idea how Christian burials take place. With the help of specialised machinery, we will walk slowly across the cemetery. The machines will help us to be able to detect bones or the wood of coffins. We will then mark it, and our crew will dig with shovels up unto a certain point, from where the archaeologists and physical anthropologists will take over.”The church has called on the public whose ancestors were buried there to make contact, so that they could take part in the re-burial of their remains in a columbarium, which is a specially built, sealed church-like building alongside St Mark’s Church, Athlone.According to the church’s media release, it had held public meetings under the auspices of the National Heritage Resources Act in 2012 and 2013 to consult the community on what to do with the cemetery. The meeting resolved that the remains should be exhumed, cremated and interred in the columbarium, where the names of those buried will be memorialised.The Bishop of Table Bay, Garth Counsell, said: “Over the passage of time, people stopped visiting it and it is now very rarely, if ever visited. Apart from a few isolated headstones in deep grass, and scatterings of eroded perlemoen, there is no indication that it is a cemetery. We have not had the money to maintain it and we have received constant complaints from home-owners in the now built-up area of Garlandale, about the dumping of waste, vagrancy and crime.“Following the procedures laid down the by law, we advertised the public meetings. Those who attended, voted on the way forward and we have official approval to begin the exhumations.“We want to reach out to the community once again to ensure that anyone whose ancestors may be buried there, to get in touch with us. The exhumations will take some months, and when they are over we will invite families to join a service to mark the dedication of the columbarium,” Bishop Counsell said. The diocese has not yet made a decision on what to do with the land when the exhumations are completed, but hopes it will be redeveloped and that the proceeds will cover the cost of the exhumations.In the consultation process, the Athlone community strongly opposed a proposal for a service station on the land. They voted in favour of housing of at least the same standard as the nearby housing in Athlone.Relatives of those buried in the cemetery can consult the burial records by emailing details to David Bailey at the Diocese of Cape Town at email@example.com